World Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Making a Big Splash

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dustin
Dustin

Making a Big Splash Empty
PostSubject: Making a Big Splash   Making a Big Splash Empty1/11/2013, 3:21 am

Making a Big Splash Michae-Cole-WWE-Superstar-3
Cole:Hello folks im Michael Cole alongside Jerry The King Lawler. Tonight we will see....

Making a Big Splash Michael-cole_display_image

Cole: OMG king that's the blue print Matt Morgan.

King: I didn't know that WCW signed Matt Morgan.

Making a Big Splash Matt-Morgan-tna-superstar-7
Morgan: Cut the music.The Blue print has arrived and is ready to make an impact
I'm by far one of the most impressive athletes in the world and I refused to be overlooked.
I'm putting wcw on notice the blue print has arrived and I will not stop until everyone
Can't forget the name MATT MORGAN

Cole: Oh dear lord king what monster has upper management unleashed.

King: This Morgan guy definitely seems like a game changer I just hope wcw knows what there doing...

(On his way back to the locker room still I'll tempered sees an undisclosed superstar
Laughing and carbon foot prints him before he knew what happened)

Morgan: Now remind me again.... what did I say was funny.

Open for anyone to continue.
[/center][/center]

Last edited by burwell648 on 1/12/2013, 6:15 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Making a Big Splash   Making a Big Splash Empty1/11/2013, 7:30 pm

Not my job but I saw this.... Go read any promo by myself or HBK Slater guy. Or Dolph Ziggler..... Or Jericho..... Or Cena..... Look at their formatting and grammar and take a second shot at this promo before actually getting graded. I think it may help you in the long run. Constructive Criticism. Not me attacking you in any personal rant.... Just helping. Take another shot or post that this is ok. Then someone will grade you.
Back to top Go down
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Making a Big Splash   Making a Big Splash Empty1/11/2013, 7:31 pm

Also, if you need any help with youtube or images, look over some past posts or make some asking or just PM me. No worries.
Back to top Go down
Dustin
Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Making a Big Splash   Making a Big Splash Empty1/11/2013, 7:43 pm

I suppose I just need formal education when it come to a promo.... any help is appreciated
Back to top Go down
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Making a Big Splash   Making a Big Splash Empty1/11/2013, 9:22 pm

Well in all actuality, the grammar helps but formatting and what not is just off bro. Don't worry. Everything needs improvement no matter what it is. No such thing as perfection! Wink
Back to top Go down
Instantreaction
Instantreaction

PostSubject: Re: Making a Big Splash   Making a Big Splash Empty1/12/2013, 7:44 am

what i like to do when preping to write a promo is to go and watch videos of the guy im doing my promo for and try and get his manerisums down or how he talks and then make it my own. also sorry for spelling, had a few bers and just to lazy to SP right now lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/instantreactions
Heath Slater
wCw Assistant GM
wCw Assistant GM
Heath Slater

PostSubject: Re: Making a Big Splash   Making a Big Splash Empty1/12/2013, 12:47 pm

Hey burwell, I'm glad you jumped right in and made a promo! Yeah I don't know if you've been in an e-fed before, but promo's are just the way we carry out story lines and the "entertainment" part of WWE programming. Since we aren't the actual superstars we are roleplaying as, we have to use text in order to get our messages across. In our e-fed, promos are required a minimum of one every two weeks in order to be eligible for title matches.

They don't have to be anything special, but good promos get you lots of superstar points which can then be used to buy a bunch of stuff.

There generally isn't a cookie cutter format we use. Everyone has their own style, but "the longer the better" seems to be a common theme.

Your promo is fine, as far as content goes. But if it was formatted a bit better it would really pop out and be more awesome. First thing you should do is color code your dialogue. Use the formatting buttons above the text box. Just highlight the line you want to change and click on one of the colors to change it. That makes it easier to read for everyone.

If your promo is a bit on the shorter side, I would suggest adding a few pictures in between to add some eye candy and make it more fun to look at. Try just googling pictures of Matt Morgan with a microphone and then insert them into your promo.

In your promo at the part where it says "drops mic and music hits" it would be a great time to insert Morgan's theme music as a YouTube video into the promo. There is an option in the formatting buttons to insert a video where you just paste the link into the box they give you and they will do the rest of the work for you.

Last tip would be to tighten up the grammar. The best of us here will type their promos in something like Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or any other type of word processor that has a spell check. Then we just copy and paste it into this website, do all the formatting, and submit it.

So once you submit your promo like you just did, The Awesome Aristocrat or myself will come in and grade it on a scale of one to five. Your grade will be how many Superstar Points you get (sp for short) and then we add it to your total.

{Official Grade}
2/5

I generally grade on a person to person basis. Improvement would be amazing, but just being active is all we ask! I think Matt Morgan is a great addition to our roster and it will be interesting to see where your career goes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heath Slater
wCw Assistant GM
wCw Assistant GM
Heath Slater

PostSubject: Re: Making a Big Splash   Making a Big Splash Empty1/12/2013, 9:49 pm

Much better man, I hope you personally can tell how much more engaging it looks. There were a few [center] botches, but other than that it looks a lot better.

I'll bump your grade to a 3 now that you've changed it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a Big Splash   Making a Big Splash Empty

Back to top Go down

Making a Big Splash
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Championship Wrestling :: wCw Shows :: wCw MONDAY NIGHT RAW :: Graded Promos-
Jump to: